Lifting the entire mower off the ground?

Mr. Mower

Threads
Hello fellow members.....

Getting ready to perform the "Hydraulic System Fluid Changing Procedure" on my Hustler Raptor Flip Up and would like any or all suggestions as to "how to safely lift up the entire mower" off the ground on to jack stands (in accordance with the Service Manual "Purge Procedure" directions....and no the Service Manual does not explain how to do this....they just state that the mower must be off the ground.....leveled.)

What method or what to use to safely lift the entire mower in order to perform this task.

Also the Service Manual procedures also states that "if this is not possible (to lift the entire mower off the ground) then the procedure should be performed in an open area freee of any objects or bystanders. Anyone perform the procedure like this?

Thanks in advance for your time, suggestions, recommendations, etc.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There several ways of do the oil change.

But you wish for all wheels to off the ground you need first to have mower on a hard clean surface. Raise the rear using a floor jack and place on a couple jack stands. Then raise the front using floor jack making it can freely roll as you lift the mower. Then again place jack under the front near the wheels. Just that front stands will probably maxed on height.

But it is simpler to just raise the rear and remove the wheels and place jack stands under the axles. Yes you going to need lay on the surface to access the fill port plugs but it is doable.

You going to need to remove the rear wheels either way to access the filters and the guard covers. Then you can do purge without the wheels present.

Just had to do a Gravely with the same transaxles because somehow the customer knocked a hole in the filter and all oil was gone.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have access to Rhino Ramps or equivalent? If so, you can use them up front. Drive up the ramps and spin them and the front casters 180 degrees. Now, jack up the rear and place jack stands. Now, remove the rear wheels.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Thanks fella's for the helpful info! (y)

Yes I do have a couple of floor jacks, jack stands and ramps so it should not be difficult lifting the rear up but my main concern was lifting the front of the mower with floor jack. Though now I am considering the ramps as an option concerning lifting the front of the mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
or you could use one of these to lift the front end.
1721787790378.png
Although I did remove that center H lift as it was get in the way most decks. Now with some Cub Cadet ZTRs I have to use a couple 2 x 10's under the front wheels so the decks can clear the foot of the lift.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gee I am really thankful that we have a mower lift to work off of. Sure is nice.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Lifting the entire deck up, leveled for Hydraulic Fluid change. requires the following.....

1 Floor Jack
4 Jack Stands