Export thread

LGT2654

R

RiverRay

I have had a Husqvarna LGT2654 Mower for about 5 years now. Due to drought I haven't had to use it much this summer. But the last couple times the when mowing the PTO to turn blades periodically cut in & out. No troubleshooting suggestion in the manual. Was wondering if anyone may be able to suggest what I might check?

C

chance123

Check for a loose connector on your clutch wires.

R

Rivets

Also check the seat safety switch. It may be loose and as you shift your weight it may be killing the engine.

R

RiverRay

thanks guys, I'll check those

R

ricky chuck

thanks guys, I'll check those

Greetings, first post, apologies for bringing back the dead but am at the end of my wit trying to figure this out. My lgt2654 mower started just dying after a cold start...would fire over and stumble for some seconds until choke was closed and then it would die. The next day it would start normally and run for an hour then refuse to start again. I cleaned the tank, replaced fuel hose, filter, fuel pump, plugs, and it started the first time, woohoo, then next session...dead. This time it will not start or fire, just turns. I checked spark to plugs...nothing. So i have started cleaning all connectors and checking for current. I have power to two wires on the connector going to coils. I have power to one wire on the connector going to pto switch. Hourmeter works. I removed the seat switch and cleaned it. But i have no power coming from the connector wires to it when the ignition is on, nor does any power show up when it is plugged in and i am manually depressing the switch. I also have no power to the connector for the brake...i think. Suddenly i am unsure if i am supposed to have power there when ignition is on. Anyway, i am whupped for now. Been a good mower but this is beating me, thanks for any suggestions.

Power to anyplace is only while ignition switch is on, not cranking, btw. I also re-checked the clutch/brake switch with the ignition on and brake on...I couldn't get any juice from any of the wires, although it was an awkward place to work. I did get juice from one of the small wires on the solenoid while cranking, not sure that is germane, but forgot to check for power through the connector that goes to the coils while cranking. Very discouraging, lol. Not yet sure how to release that brake switch, looks like I may have to drop the mower and look for some clip underneath, because that switch won't come loose from the top. Safety switches...(mumbling under breath)