leveling deck

dirtpoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a used Toro wheel horse 71227. When I try to get the deck level (front to back) I run out of adjustment. Its 1/2" lower in the front. Nothing looks bent. I have a manual I got off the Toro web site. Manual says 1/8" to 3/16" lower in the front . Any help would be appreciated thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Change the rear height higher and then bring start over on your front to rear adjustment.

dirtpoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like it was adjusted higher in the back at one time. I will give that a shot
Thanks for the fast reply :thumbsup:

mistermowerman

Threads
It looks like it was adjusted higher in the back at one time. I will give that a shot
Thanks for the fast reply :thumbsup:

Hello . Make sure you have the right tyre pressures, as this will upset your deck height as well . Gary:thumbsup:

dirtpoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I raised the level to a higher setting and readjusted and its still off. I havent checked the air pressure yet I'll check it tomarrow
Again thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I think you misunderstood what I posted early, I try to explain it better, so try this. 10-12 psi in the rear wheels, 15-18 psi in the front wheels. Parked on a level surface. Look at pages 34-35 for leveling procedure. Start by setting the leveling bracket to the lowest setting possible. Check to see that the long arms are set at 5/8". Level deck side to side, then front to back.

https://lookup3.toro.com/classes/doGetPub/?pubid=23508

dirtpoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry I think you misunderstood what I posted early, I try to explain it better, so try this. 10-12 psi in the rear wheels, 15-18 psi in the front wheels. Parked on a level surface. Look at pages 34-35 for leveling procedure. Start by setting the leveling bracket to the lowest setting possible. Check to see that the long arms are set at 5/8". Level deck side to side, then front to back.

https://lookup3.toro.com/classes/doGetPub/?pubid=23508

Just to let you know I have not checked the air in my tires yet. Been busy at work. I hope to get to it tomorrow
And thanks for the help.