Left drive pump

rspence2

Forum Newbie
Threads
My walker dealer put a left drive pump on a 2007 walker 42 for me that I had taken off another mower I had set aside. Both drive pumps and drive motors worked on the old mower when I set it aside. He charged me 640.00 to change them out! I thought that was expensive but what the heck, I got my mower for fall. Wellllllll, I take it off the truck, mow for about 3 minutes, then same thing, left side won't turn. I call the dealer and he tells me he cut grass with it for 30 minutes and it worked fine. To do this he would have put the mower on a truck and taken it somewhere, he doesn't have 5 minutes of grass at his shop! That's fine, I think I know what I'm dealing with here, my question is would it do any good to notify walker about this dealer? And secondly and more importantly, does anyone have any idea what my problem could be? This same dealer just put a new left drive motor on this mower to the tune of 1140.00. Please, I am desperate, leaves are a fallin'.

Joe5015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Be sure the pumps have same number on them. There were differnt pumps for different years. Doubt if it would do any good to contact walker. I always do my own work as most of their dealers I have dealt with are not that great.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely need a new dealer, you're being taken to the cleaners. Any dealer who does work on Z-turns should be able to help you. I would talk to a few able the problem and see if anyone makes you feel comfortable.

briggs

Threads
he's ripping u off big time I hate people like that ....As rivets said contact some that works on them ...