Leaf season has begun

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's raining today, that's why I cleaned up the yard yesterday after work. I just looked outside, it seems the new leaves have over taken the yard again. It's like I never picked them up yesterday.....:mad:

It's OK, I got a good rake in the shed, but I prefer the "ZTR rake". :laughing:

I cleaned up two customers places yesterday and in the rain today they look worse than the did yesterday before I started!!! But more leaves means more mowing with collection which means more $$$$$$$, well, most of the time, but not at my own place and of course, more back pain!!! Evidently I must enjoy the pain!!:mur:Maybe it is time to pass out smiley face stickers at Walmart!!! YUUUck!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today I did my "pine tree" customer, 135 bushels of mostly pine needles. By the time the leaves are all down, I will do 300-400 bushels from this customer, possibly more. I may need to put my de-thatcher on to get this place totally cleaned up. Fortunately I can dispose of the collection stuff directly across the street from this customer.:thumbsup:
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

tigercat

Threads
Today I did my "pine tree" customer, 135 bushels of mostly pine needles. By the time the leaves are all down, I will do 300-400 bushels from this customer, possibly more.
Holy smokes. I thought my yard was bad....:laughing:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a lot pine needles!

I did a pine needle and leaf job this morning. It went better than I expected with my blower. All tho, it seems that there will always be some left on the lawn.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pine needles don't decompose very quickly. A few years ago I tried mulching them, but this didn't work out very well, I had to put regular blades and the collection system back on and go back over the mulched area. These are long needle pines and I bring a ladder with me so I can blow off parts of the house and the garage roof. This customer has 10 very tall long needle pines trees, she had one cut down along with a diseased short needle pine tree. The tree guys had to use a 75' bucket truck as both of these trees were close to her house, the bill was big $$$$$$.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is bad!!!
My client only has one, but it is very good at making a mess of the road, yard and sidewalk.