Lawnboy Gold Series 10546 Ignition Problem???

slb

Threads
Problem is , seems like every two years I have to have it in the shop because engine will stop running while mowing. If i'm fast enough to disengage then reengage the saftey bar before engine completely stops it will rev up and continue to run. By end of mowing season the duration between occurances gets shorter untill mower will not start at all. Can't remember what they replace at the shop. Does anybody else have this problem? Would like to do the repairs myself if possible.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you know for sure that it's an ignition problem?

From your description, it sounds like some kind of a fuel system problem is more likely. Have you checked the fuel filter? Air filter? Possibly stale gas?

The 10546 is a good mower -- don't give up on it.

slb

Threads
Do you know for sure that it's an ignition problem?

From your description, it sounds like some kind of a fuel system problem is more likely. Have you checked the fuel filter? Air filter? Possibly stale gas?

The 10546 is a good mower -- don't give up on it.

If I remember right I think they said they replaced an ignition module, Does that sound right?????

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's certainly possible that there could be more than one problem (ignition and fuel). The symptoms that you described sound more like some kind of clogging in the fuel system.

In my experience, solid-state ignition modules either work fine or don't work at all (no spark). Also, problems with those are rare -- it's unlikely that, if you replaced that once, that it will have to be replaced again.