Lawnboy Gold Pro 6.5 HP Model 10525

intruder1500

Threads
So i went to start the subject yesterday to winterize it. First pull no start....turns out I think I drained too much gas out of it. When I went to pull it a second time there was no tension on the pull cord....free wheeling. I let go of the bail handle and then pulled it back in again and the engine turned over when I pulled the cord. Did not start and the same thing happened again with no tension. Put some more gas in it and it started next pull. Why would there be no tension on the pull cord on one pull and then its normal after I reset the bail handle. Never had this happen before.

intruder1500

Threads
You will need serial number & year, 1998-2000, check compression.
I understand what you are saying about compression but how can it go from zero to normal just because I reset the bail handle. Unit runs fine once I got it started and has had no issues to this point. If it has zero compression it should not start at all.

bogdaN

Threads
I would check pull starter if that working properly ,engaging in to flywheel cup.

intruder1500

Threads
I would check pull starter if that working properly ,engaging in to flywheel cup.
Ahh, that makes more sense. Fortunately I have 2 spare engines to source from if required.