lawnboy 10343

EdBrown

Threads
I have a Lawnboy 10343, that looks excellent, and runs excellent. This 4HP seems as strong as my Duraforce 6.5, and I just love it.

However, if I have to cut the engine off, it is hard to start, unless I let it cool some.

Can anyone give me some advice to make it start when it is hot? Many thanks.
Ed

PS: I posted several days ago that it would not cut off. It was the ignition coil. Replaced it, and it ran and cut off perfectly. Now, only problem is not starting when hot.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are trying to start it the same way you would start it cold, you are probably flooding it. Make sure you don't prime or choke it when hot starting.

impalass

Threads
I have a Lawnboy 10343, that looks excellent, and runs excellent. This 4HP seems as strong as my Duraforce 6.5, and I just love it.

However, if I have to cut the engine off, it is hard to start, unless I let it cool some.

Can anyone give me some advice to make it start when it is hot? Many thanks.
Ed

PS: I posted several days ago that it would not cut off. It was the ignition coil. Replaced it, and it ran and cut off perfectly. Now, only problem is not starting when hot.
You need to change the oil seals. p/n is 611396 for the seals.

EdBrown

Threads
You need to change the oil seals. p/n is 611396 for the seals.

Thanks two both of you for replies. I understood about not priming again when engine was hot, but thanks for the response.

I shall try and replace the seals and see if this will eliminate my problem. I purchased this Lawnboy for $30. After cleaning carburetor, and replacing the coil, it ran PERFECTLY. I just want to keep it that way. Thanks again for both replies.
Ed