Export thread

lawn boy tractor not mine but looks strange to me

guitardude1998

guitardude1998

1962_blue_lawn_boy_loafer_riding_lawn_mower_tractor_antique_vintage__barn_find_1_lgw.jpg

seen this on the internet was a barn find
strange never seen one before

P

Phototone

Lawnboy made a lot of yard gear using the "C" and "D" series engines, but one seldom sees them.

2smoked

2smoked

That contraption was called the Lawn Boy Loafer. I think they are pretty rare. That is the nicest one I've ever seen.

guitardude1998

guitardude1998

seen on facebook group had to ask if it was a actual lawnboy

P

Phototone

The "Loafer" is the back part, not the lawnmower itself.

bt3

bt3

Yea, it's the pieced together "Loafer" all right. Back in the day (as the Old Man from "Pawn Stars" likes to say), companies like LawnBoy and Toro had this big idea about making one machine that could do many different things. Like making a walk behind mower that could also be a rider at your discretion. Toro even had their line of "Power Handle" gear where you had one motor assembly that snapped on and off all sorts of attachments like reel mowers, rotary mowers, edgers, tillers, and a snow blower. I know. I have the Snow Blower! :)

My "Power Handle" Snow Blower was handed down to me from my Father who bought it in 1965 ish. I've been sort of looking for the reel mower attachment for 20 some years. Not a priority. Just casually looking. It was a great idea that never really took off. My dad only bought it because he needed a snow blower during a bad snowstorm in 65 and it was conveniently available from the local hardware store at the time. He never bought any of the other attachments, even though he told everyone he had a "Power Handle" from Toro and could mate it with many different attachments. He never did. Just used it as a Show Blower. Me too.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

That is really cool!

At first I thought it was custome made.

unclelee

unclelee

Lee

robinb66

robinb66

i used to have one of these the rider part with the front wheels no mower had fun driving that thing around btw the engine on the rider was a 4 hp bigger than the one on the mower part and it had a slip disc transmission like the older snappers!