Lawn-Boy model 10415

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a well-used model 10415 (circa 1994) for $30. When I got it, the engine was running unevenly -- it was necessary to choke it every 15 seconds or so to keep it going. I figured that it was running too lean and then noticed that the needle valve was screwed all the way in! I turned it out a full turn and everything seems peachy with the engine -- a fine Lawn-Boy two-stroke power plant, the best thing about this mower.

Here it is from the top:

LB-10415-1.jpg

This is a side view:

LB-10415-2.jpg

I don't like all the clutter on the handle. It has a blade brake as well as a throttle control -- plus that huge piece of sheet metal that seems extraneous -- don't they think about weight?

Anyway -- I like the mower. The only real issue is the left rear wheel -- at worst I'll have to replace it.

Fireman 123

Threads
Nice looking mower and a heck of a deal. It pays to know the workings of your equipment because I'd say the previous owner sold it that cheap for something that took you 2 min to fix. Enjoy it :)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice looking mower and a heck of a deal. It pays to know the workings of your equipment because I'd say the previous owner sold it that cheap for something that took you 2 min to fix. Enjoy it :)

"Nice looking" :laughing: ...

I guess I didn't do such a great job taking the pictures because this mower doesn't look very nice at all. It has inner beauty, however. The engine seems to be in excellent condition and the deck will never rust.