Lawn-Boy 8237

earthworm

Threads
My newest acquisition. a LB with 100K miles or more....$10 for a non-runner.
This one has rear drive, wobbly wheels and partially shredded decals.
I'll epoxy the little hole in the deck.
I see why these LBs have such a fan-following....they are one good machine...

earthworm

Threads
Well, now I have two real LBs and one Toro-LawnBoy. The 8237 is "self propelled" and seems to have a "parking" brake...a good feature in the real world.

With the offset front wheels and lite weight, handling ease is much better...in the real world with many obstacles.

The pollution from the two-cycle ?
Who cares ?
It really matters not:biggrin::thumbsup:

earthworm

Threads
My own personal thread ?
The cable to no-where......or to the LR wheel from the area of the carburetor....something to do with the drive???
Soon she will be running and mowing, cable or no.
Wobbly wheels - HF to the rescue???
And 20% off....
As to the blade, now I see that the LB blade is under a great deal of "mounted tension"...When the 15/16 " nut is released, it should just spring off its square hub...
We shall see if this works.

Last edited:

earthworm

Threads
The cable to no-where...actually, the only thing there is a sheath between the carb area and the drive area.
Does anyone know what this is ?
I have disabled the drive ....wobbly wheels, worn out drive "gears", worn out handle brackets...so the 7229 looses its handle and I have a functioning mower - a bit hard to push without any power assist. But she starts with one pull and a number of squeezes.
Oh, and the SN is 9,728,469...for the 8237

robinb66

Threads
that little cable is your starter interlock when the drive is engaged it moves a lever effectively blocking the pull starter or electric starter from turning for safety. That way you can't accidently start it while its in drive.

earthworm

Threads
that little cable is your starter interlock when the drive is engaged it moves a lever effectively blocking the pull starter or electric starter from turning for safety. That way you can't accidently start it while its in drive.
"Oh, the horrors if one starts the mower in drive !"
My opinion...
Thanks for the resoponse......
I guess someone, years ago, disabled this, thank goodness..
Next will be a bag and some decent wheels.