Lawn Boy 8237 coil help

74eldo

Threads
Ok, looks like I have two options here. Not knowing the history of this machine the coil in her may not be the correct part (who knows who was monkeying around here before I got her) and I can get the 681578 witch parts tree says is the correct part or I can get the 98202 witch looks like a match for what is currently in her. I am going to dwell on this for a bit.

southluke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I remember from many years ago and owning a Lawn Boy that after spending big bucks to buy a new coil, usually the fix is to use fine sand paper and clean where coil mounts and the coil mount locations. Worked every time. Good luck.

74eldo

Threads
I remember from many years ago and owning a Lawn Boy that after spending big bucks to buy a new coil, usually the fix is to use fine sand paper and clean where coil mounts and the coil mount locations. Worked every time. Good luck.
I checked the ohms, unfortunately it was no goo. thanks!!

74eldo

Threads
Problem solved!! I wanted to thank you all for your help!! The new coil did not look like the old one but the magnets and mounting holes were the same. I had to modify the engine cover a little but she has good spark and fired with starting fluid. Awesome!!!! Thanks!!

74eldo

Threads
Update. I cleaned the carb and air filter, new spark plug. Wired in the on-off switch. Buttoned her all up, hit her with one more shot of starting fluid ( she sounds great!!) . All ready to put some gas in her and enjoy the fruits of my labor. All in I am at about 30 bucks invested, we will see if I decide to pretty her up, for now she is ready to go. Thanks for all the help guys!!