Lawn Boy 3054 60yr Refresh

04yamaha

Threads
I need to redo the handle abs paint or buy a new flywheel screen. I believe originally it was a lime green both the handle and screen. Anyone know of a paint colour that is close ?

FuzzyDriver

Threads
That looks just like a new mower. Awesome. Did you have to prepare the deck before you sprayed it, like with a primer or something? Did you also do the underside of the deck?

04yamaha

Threads
All I did was give the deck a sanding by hand a few times. I didn’t paint the underside because I had intentions of actually using this mower. When I started this project years ago I never anticipated it to turn out so well. Now I don’t want to use it.

04yamaha

Threads
One thing I was wondering when putting the decals on. Does anyone know of the top staring instruction decals were white with black like I have or was a a clear background with Black writing. ? The white background looks off to me. I would think originally it would be clear. Or just the lettering but maybe they didn’t have that technology back then. These are reproduction decals from
Grave yard mowers.

2smoked

Threads
That looks just great. Just one suggestion. You can add a little more to the original look by painting the flywheel screen the same shade of blue as the pull rope handle. I found a color match in a small bottle of artist paint from a Walmart store. It has held up very well after quite a few mowings.

04yamaha

Threads
I thought the screen was green. Same colour as the wheels. Shade of lime green

2smoked

Threads
I thought the screen was green. Same colour as the wheels. Shade of lime green
You know, you just might be correct. Either color will look great

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I pushed one just like that in the late 60's mowing my mother-in-laws yard. The only oil that was ever mixed with the gas was non detergent 30 wt.