LA165 Gas Tank Filler Neck Filter

Camaron32

Forum Newbie
Has anyone been able to find a gas tank strainer insert for the 100 series riding lawn mower? Trying to find a way to keep cr#p out of my gas tank.
 
Why not buy an automotive funnel with an included strainer? They sell them all day long at most auto parts stores, Walmart, Amazon, and etc.
 
I was thinking more along the lines of the debris that collects around the top of the tank underneath the fuel cap. Would like to just be able to pull it out, rinse it out and put it back. I thought that JD might have come up with something already.
 
You can always go old school and strain fuel through an old T shirt. Wrap it over the gas can nozzle. Back in the day of metal gas cans it was common practice.
 
I was thinking more along the lines of the debris that collects around the top of the tank underneath the fuel cap. Would like to just be able to pull it out, rinse it out and put it back. I thought that JD might have come up with something already.
Things you can do to reduce the buildup:
Blow your entire mower off with a leaf blower after mowing.
Wipe the area around the filler neck before and after fueling.
Keep your fuel cap clean.
Brush the dust and trash off of your gas can before filling.
 
Back
Top