L 221 a with a gsv 160 Throttle control issue

BigDawgz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not a small engine mechanic, but I'm struggling understanding this GSV 160 throttle control system. It seems there is none. My wife, bless her heart, as usual, was mowing when the incident occurred. She let it get under some sturdy limbs and knock a something off of the throttle control system. I haven't been able to identify the correct parts to order, nor have I been able to figure out how it works. There are two cables coming from the operators station, one goes to the kill switch ( i think ) , the other goes to the gear engage system. I don't see anything that automatically increases the throttle control. I never used the mower, and she doesn't remember how it worked. The lever I"m pointing at in the pic is the throttle control, I see no way of making it from idle to full. Please help if you see the issue

Attachments

• mower 2.jpg
    mower 2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are missing the governor control spring. it will connect at the hole by your third nuckle and the bracket to the left. It looks like the bracket by your hand were the spring would connect looks like it may have become badly bent in the process of elminating the spring from its hole.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you show us a picture of the handle controls. This will help us determine whether you an adjustable or preset throttle.