Kubota gauge wheel pin removal on RCK60P-331

bijiminy

Threads
I bought a used Kubota ZD326s recently. Apparently the previous owner did not pay attention to the gauge pins on the rear of the mower deck. I am having a heck of a time removing one on the right rear. I've tried penetrating oil, specifically Liquid Wrench, heat, muriatic acid. I tried to turn it with a steel rod, pounding with a 2 lbs hammer. I managed to get the clevis pin out with some difficulty. The other side was the same way, but I got it out. I put some anti seize on the this pin. Any suggestions to get this stubborn pin out?

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 3

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two recommendations, try clamping the pin with a vice grip and twisting which pounding on it. If that doesn’t work I’ve resorted to using a drift punch and hammer or air hammer.

bijiminy

Threads
Two recommendations, try clamping the pin with a vice grip and twisting which pounding on it. If that doesn’t work I’ve resorted to using a drift punch and hammer or air hammer.
Thank you for the response. Is there any danger of mushrooming these pins using a hammer? That's what I worried about. That happened with the clevis pin and I had to cut it off and pound it out from there. I think the gauge pin would be a bit more difficult. Thanks again. I'll try your approach.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There’s always a chance of mushrooming the end. That’s why I recommend using a drift punch about the same size.

bijiminy

Threads
There’s always a chance of mushrooming the end. That’s why I recommend using a drift punch about the same size.
Thank you

lugbolt

Threads
if it's that stuck you'll probably have to grind the head of it off, then drill down into it far enough that you can punch the remainder of it out. I've had to do this a few times. Never any fun.

On my personal mower I had this happen. Didn't have a drill bit at the time, but I have a welder. Tigged a scrap bolt to the pin, then slid a spacer that was big enough to fit over the bolt and the pin head. Washer on the spacer, then a nut. Tightened the nut and it yanked it right out.

bijiminy

Threads
if it's that stuck you'll probably have to grind the head of it off, then drill down into it far enough that you can punch the remainder of it out. I've had to do this a few times. Never any fun.

On my personal mower I had this happen. Didn't have a drill bit at the time, but I have a welder. Tigged a scrap bolt to the pin, then slid a spacer that was big enough to fit over the bolt and the pin head. Washer on the spacer, then a nut. Tightened the nut and it yanked it right out.
Thank you