Kubota Clean Diesel engines.

Salassik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have a Kubota tractor with the EGR/DPF/Clean Diesel engine? If so, any troubles with them?

deamer1

Threads
What model are your referring to?
I purchased a 2012 model new. The only problem I've experienced is a hose clamp on the return fuel line lost tension and leaked. Upon replacement it was fine.

Enjoy your week.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you talking about the diesel motor that has this canister that collects the fumes?
If so, I've heard about them. I was talking with a city worker who mows lawns with this type of motor on a Kubota. She said that they are horrible. At some point the canister shoots back the crap in the motor and well you know the rest. They city is going to stop using them. They are always broken.

Salassik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, those are the ones I'm talking about. From what I understand, there is no going back. I think all the new ones have the emissions on them.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That sucks. All tho, I am only telling you what this girl told me. She really did not like them.

canbusemulator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have a Kubota tractor with the EGR/DPF/Clean Diesel engine? If so, any troubles with them?
With Kubota tractors, DPF problems are really common. They cost you a lot of money and time to dealing with this issues. We understand that it can be annoying to deal with this issues.

With our solution for all Kubota DPF issues, Can-Bus "Kubota DPF Emulator" you can easily fix all this problems and save time and money.

After using our device you will not have the DPF regeneration problem. Also as we are simulating 3 temperature sensors, cold weather is not a problem.

For deleting all DPF errors, DPF bypass, DPF cleaning or simulating DPF temperature 1, temperature 2 and temperature 3 sensors and simulating DPF differential pressure sensors you can easily and effectively use our device.

All Kubota powered vehicles with DPF supported by our DPF Emulator

Last edited by a moderator:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
No such thing as a clean Diesel engine. THAT is a sales gimmick. Audi, Ford, CAT, Detroit Diesel, Mercedes Benz and so on have been trying to clean them up for decades with no success.

They make so much carbon internally that you need a air hammer and chisel to remove it.

Still waiting on a TV commercial where a human inhales the exhaust on a new super clean Diesel engine.

Best bet is a gas motor converted to propane or CNG. Your engine oil will look new after numerous hours/years.

slomo

lugbolt

Threads
With Kubota tractors, DPF problems are really common. They cost you a lot of money and time to dealing with this issues. We understand that it can be annoying to deal with this issues.

With our solution for all Kubota DPF issues, Can-Bus "Kubota DPF Emulator" you can easily fix all this problems and save time and money.

After using our device you will not have the DPF regeneration problem. Also as we are simulating 3 temperature sensors, cold weather is not a problem.

For deleting all DPF errors, DPF bypass, DPF cleaning or simulating DPF temperature 1, temperature 2 and temperature 3 sensors and simulating DPF differential pressure sensors you can easily and effectively use our device.

All Kubota powered vehicles with DPF supported by our DPF Emulator

incorrect information, at least partially.

there are not widespread problems with Kubota's Tier IV +25hp engines.

There "were" some issues with the B3350 and the ZD1511 mower, those are the only two Reformer style DPF engines. Everything else has been really good in comparison to other brands.

They're all expensive to have to do DPF repairs. It's also illegal in the US to tamper with emissions (both chemical AND noise). And trust me here, based on my decades of working with Kubota equipment, "they" watch these threads pretty closely. I aint' saying who "they" are-but I'm pretty sure most of us could guess. For that reason I do not support the tampering of emissions equipment-at all. Left alone they last a LONG time without issue. The big "problem" is due to lack of proper maintenance and secondly ignorance. They require maintenance and different maintenance than old tractors did and users need to be aware of how the system works in it's basic design, and how to properly operate (and maintain) them.

The only MOWER (since this is a mower forum) that has a DPF is the ZD1511, which may actually be going away if it hasn't already. 4 cylinder turbo, same engine that is in the B3350 tractor. I didn't care for them--mowers OR tractors.