Kohler lifter

gregjo1948

Threads
Working on a Kohler twin, I think 26/27 HP. No ID numbers on it. It's in a Ferris IS3100 zero steer mower. I need to install the lifter on the number 2 head and having a hard time getting it in. Can't see back in the opening to align the lifter with the hole. Because there is such a fine tolerance, I can't get it started into the hole. Any help would be appreciated. gregjo1948

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Let us know if above helps, thanks, Mark

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Working on a Kohler twin, I think 26/27 HP. No ID numbers on it. It's in a Ferris IS3100 zero steer mower. I need to install the lifter on the number 2 head and having a hard time getting it in. Can't see back in the opening to align the lifter with the hole. Because there is such a fine tolerance, I can't get it started into the hole. Any help would be appreciated. gregjo1948
Can you give a little history on why the lifter is out? Humor me for a minute. It's a legit question.

gregjo1948

Threads
There was a bent push rod, and the valve was able to move as it should, so I pulled out the lifter.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
There was a bent push rod, and the valve was able to move as it should, so I pulled out the lifter.
The reason I asked is, if the lifter was out of the lifter galley when you removed it, it probably caused a burr that will need to be removed before you can get it back in. If you took it right out of it's galley there shouldn't be a burr. They normally aren't too difficult to install. Are you using a lifter removal/installation tool?

gregjo1948

Threads
Using the tool, I got it back in. thanks, gregjo1948

gregjo1948

Threads
I pulled a head off this engine and wondered what the torque specs are for it.