Export thread

Kohler lifter

G

gregjo1948

Working on a Kohler twin, I think 26/27 HP. No ID numbers on it. It's in a Ferris IS3100 zero steer mower. I need to install the lifter on the number 2 head and having a hard time getting it in. Can't see back in the opening to align the lifter with the hole. Because there is such a fine tolerance, I can't get it started into the hole. Any help would be appreciated. gregjo1948

M

mechanic mark

Let us know if above helps, thanks, Mark

V

VegetiveSteam

Working on a Kohler twin, I think 26/27 HP. No ID numbers on it. It's in a Ferris IS3100 zero steer mower. I need to install the lifter on the number 2 head and having a hard time getting it in. Can't see back in the opening to align the lifter with the hole. Because there is such a fine tolerance, I can't get it started into the hole. Any help would be appreciated. gregjo1948
Can you give a little history on why the lifter is out? Humor me for a minute. It's a legit question.

G

gregjo1948

There was a bent push rod, and the valve was able to move as it should, so I pulled out the lifter.

V

VegetiveSteam

There was a bent push rod, and the valve was able to move as it should, so I pulled out the lifter.
The reason I asked is, if the lifter was out of the lifter galley when you removed it, it probably caused a burr that will need to be removed before you can get it back in. If you took it right out of it's galley there shouldn't be a burr. They normally aren't too difficult to install. Are you using a lifter removal/installation tool?

G

gregjo1948

Using the tool, I got it back in. thanks, gregjo1948

G

gregjo1948

I pulled a head off this engine and wondered what the torque specs are for it.

G

geelee

200 then 370 in lb if bolt, 150 then 315 if studs

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

200 then 370 in lb if bolt, 150 then 315 if studs
Take note, those are INCH pounds, NOT foot pounds.
just in case.