Export thread

Kohler Courage Twin Cam Single

J

JonnyBlaze

Cub XT1. For some reason it cranks over fine but takes like 15 seconds to start. I adjusted choke to where it fully closes but no change. I cleaned carb, swapped carb, fresh gas. Plenty of fuel flow to carb. Fuel solenoid works.

What am I missing? Tia.

S

slomo

Fuel tank dump and flush. New fuel lines and filter. Valves checked for factory recommended gap. Spark test jumping a 1/4" gap or more. Cooling fins should get some love.

I would put flywheel key inspection at the top of the list. Incorrect timing can cause many a crank to start.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

will it fire right up if you spray some starting fluid into the carburetor? behind the airfilter.

J

JonnyBlaze

Fuel tank dump and flush. New fuel lines and filter. Valves checked for factory recommended gap. Spark test jumping a 1/4" gap or more. Cooling fins should get some love.

I would put flywheel key inspection at the top of the list. Incorrect timing can cause many a crank to start.
The exhaust valve was too tight. I adjusted it and think it's better now.

J

JonnyBlaze

will it fire right up if you spray some starting fluid into the carburetor? behind the airfilter.
Yes. It fires up on its own. Just takes a few seconds. I took slomo's advice and checked the valves and exhaust was too tight. I adjusted and seems better. I'll try again in a bit.