Export thread

Kohler Courage PRO 27 exhaust bolt missing.

G

GODZILLA1

I have a Kohler pro 27 that keeps losing one of the exhaust bolts and my bolt supply is out. What size are they (I looked in the service manual but no luck) and how can I prevent it from falling out, now the second time. I do not want to use the wrong product on the alum head.

StarTech

StarTech

The IPL for the mower should tell you what they used. But the SM does indicate if they are cap screws that they would be 5/16-18 type. Probably 3/4" in length or at least that is my noted size here for the Courage singles. Suggest using a lock washer and torque to 150 in/lbs.

G

GODZILLA1

The IPL for the mower should tell you what they used. But the SM does indicate if they are cap screws that they would be 5/16-18 type. Probably 3/4" in length or at least that is my noted size here for the Courage singles. Suggest using a lock washer and torque to 150 in/lbs.
Forgive my ignorence but what does IPL stand for? The bolts are allen wrench type and I will try the lock washer Thanks.

R

Rivets

IPL stands for individual parts list.

StarTech

StarTech

Those screws are called socket cap screws.

IPL > Illustrated Part List

H

hlw49

thumb.png

Cub Cadet 710-1314A

Screw, Socket Head, 5/16-18, .750 Muffler bolts are usually listed in the IPL for the equipment

G

GODZILLA1

Where did you see the cap screws in the service manual? I cannot locate them. This is a 2 cylinder 27 kohler courage pro too.

G

GODZILLA1

Found it, thanks for your help all.

StarTech

StarTech

Where did you see the cap screws in the service manual? I cannot locate them. This is a 2 cylinder 27 kohler courage pro too.
Should something like the SV740-???? Look under Muffler.

1686426768971.png

G

GODZILLA1

Should something like the SV740-???? Look under Muffler.

View attachment 64978
Thanks! I went and bought 1 inch because that is how deep the hole is. With the gasket and muffler flange I got a good seating to them. Thanks for all your help.