Kohler Courage 21 SV610 possible throttle linkage issue?

Genox

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kohler Courage 21 SV610 possible throttle linkage issue?
Kohler Courage 21 SV610 model on a Husqvarna riding tractor. Was mowing yesterday and the engine just abruptly shut off. No stutter or slow down, just fine and then nothing.

I got around to taking off the air filter housing and gas started draining out of the throttle assembly. Upon further inspection and testing I noticed that moving the throttle control on the mower was not changing the throttle valve leading into the carburetor. Using the picture below as a reference, when moving the mower throttle control, #1 was moving fine, however #2 and #3 never moved until i placed the control lever in the Choke position.

Also looking at the throttle valve leading into the carburetor, it likewise never changed position until i put the control level in the Choke position.

Any ideas? I suspect there's some link that's broken but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_6191-50.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Kohler Courage 21 SV610 possible throttle linkage issue?
The throttle shouldn't move as at rest (not running) since the governor sits at wide open throttle, when not running.
Sounds like you have an issue of the float needle failing, which will require a carburetor rebuild or replacement.... Check the engine oil to be sure its not over full or smells of gas.