kohler command pro 23hp runs rough

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, that water likes to sit in the bottom of things, and is hard to get rid of totally.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have seen Briggs with a bad cam run poorly, and tend to spit out gas.

dlang10538

Forum Newbie
Threads
took it to a shop and they found that the exhaust was almost plugged solid. They pulled the screen out from the end and there was alot of black carbon chunks packed in behind it.

Mower King

Threads
took it to a shop and they found that the exhaust was almost plugged solid. They pulled the screen out from the end and there was alot of black carbon chunks packed in behind it.
Yep, won't run good with the EX plugged up. When an engine won't run or won't run right, the cause can be MANY. It is hard and sometimes impossible to diagnose over the internet, but several of us try. It takes HANDS ON to do the real repair!
Glad you got it fixed!

blairbuc

Forum Newbie
Threads
you got some good advice above....i'm going to suggest the simple first.....do you use gas with 10% ethanol?
I'm in the wholesale gas business and we are mandated to blend this ethanol into gas.
It's hygroscopic...meaning it absorbs moisture like a sponge and turns gas bad in 90 days.
My Kohler Command 25 started sputtering / backfiring - especially going up hills and a nice back fire when i turned it off in the garage .
Cleaning the carb with Techron only solved the issue for so many days. Never really a long term cure.
So ethanol is a byproduct of corn....it turns into a black crud in your carb and will rust it out in time.
If you catch it in time there is a solution i found in gas stabilizers.
It works differently. Keep in mind with ethanol blended gas in your thank.....the vent hole in your gas cap is literally sucking moisture out of the humid summer air and storing that moisture / water in your gas and that ' interaction' of water with fuel is turning into a crud inside the carb.
What did I do.
I talked to a guy who use to rustproof the bridges you drive over. He also invented the ' label less. - label' first used in Haines Underwear. It's that print in the cotton that will outlast the cotton itself. He's a creative guy. He has a product called CERMA FUEL TREATMENT. Why use this? It's a different kind of fueler stabilizer. He simply ' splits' the H2o or ( the water molecule) with his treatment. In other words the Hydrogen molecule no longer bonds with the O.....What we know the components in water or H2o is split apart and it's no longer ' water' or H2o. The Hydrogen becomes a very mild octane boost but nothing you will notice and the " O" just goes out your vent hole into the air. The water interaction which is the downfall of ethanol blended gas is halted. After 8 hours of heavy use, my Kohler 25hp stopped sputtering...backfiring and has been running smooth for 2 years straight. I got to my carb before the ethanol rotted it out. Dunno if you'll be that lucky. If not...when it get it . fixed and I suspect maybe a new carb might be down the road.....use this Cerma Fuel Treatment. I bought t

Mower King

Threads
you got some good advice above....i'm going to suggest the simple first.....do you use gas with 10% ethanol?
I'm in the wholesale gas business and we are mandated to blend this ethanol into gas.
It's hygroscopic...meaning it absorbs moisture like a sponge and turns gas bad in 90 days.
My Kohler Command 25 started sputtering / backfiring - especially going up hills and a nice back fire when i turned it off in the garage .
Cleaning the carb with Techron only solved the issue for so many days. Never really a long term cure.
So ethanol is a byproduct of corn....it turns into a black crud in your carb and will rust it out in time.
If you catch it in time there is a solution i found in gas stabilizers.
It works differently. Keep in mind with ethanol blended gas in your thank.....the vent hole in your gas cap is literally sucking moisture out of the humid summer air and storing that moisture / water in your gas and that ' interaction' of water with fuel is turning into a crud inside the carb.
What did I do.
I talked to a guy who use to rustproof the bridges you drive over. He also invented the ' label less. - label' first used in Haines Underwear. It's that print in the cotton that will outlast the cotton itself. He's a creative guy. He has a product called CERMA FUEL TREATMENT. Why use this? It's a different kind of fueler stabilizer. He simply ' splits' the H2o or ( the water molecule) with his treatment. In other words the Hydrogen molecule no longer bonds with the O.....What we know the components in water or H2o is split apart and it's no longer ' water' or H2o. The Hydrogen becomes a very mild octane boost but nothing you will notice and the " O" just goes out your vent hole into the air. The water interaction which is the downfall of ethanol blended gas is halted. After 8 hours of heavy use, my Kohler 25hp stopped sputtering...backfiring and has been running smooth for 2 years straight. I got to my carb before the ethanol rotted it out. Dunno if you'll be that lucky. If not...when it get it . fixed and I suspect maybe a new carb might be down the road.....use this Cerma Fuel Treatment. I bought t
You joined today.....just to post this ad