Kohler command p0337/ sputtering after 15 secs of running

flandersmaint

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kohler command p0337/ sputtering after 15 secs of running
I have 3 scag turf tigers, one with a kawasaki liquid cooled and 2 with the kohler command efi model EHV749, 727cc 26.5 horse

I am having an array of issues, after deciding it might be faster for me to get 2 of my mowers running myself as opposed to sending them out i dug into them.

Mower #1 - started misfiring after about an hour of mowing, then progressed to sputtering out and missing after about 15 secs of run time. Will start and idle fine, rev up then after 10 seconds start sputtering out like it wants to die. gave me code 0337 (cps) but it still ran so i thought id try other things. reset the ecu and did a tps re learn- nothing ..... swapped out coils with coils that i know are good- nothing..... swapped out tps/ did another re learn- nothing....
i am confused on how the fuel pump works, i am going to replace the pump on the valve cover but i do not know where the electric pump is or where to find it. i am lost at this piont but to far in to turn back. i can barely find any parts for these kohler motors nor find anyone that knows a thing about them

mower #2 - no crank and no start, will not start jumping solenoid either. will fire off starting fluid. throwing code p0337. i do not know where to start on this mower. Is it actually a cps or should i do further diag? coils and tps are brand new.

nothing but bad news for these kohler motors, way prefer the Kawasaki liquid cooled

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Kohler command p0337/ sputtering after 15 secs of running
code 0337 should be no signal from crank position sensor. If the sensor isn't reading it won't fire or activate the fuel injectors. therefore no start. Intermittent reading will cause misfires and poor running.