Kohler CH25 with fixed timing ignition: what aftermarket coils will work with this setup?

Threads
  • / Kohler CH25 with fixed timing ignition: what aftermarket coils will work with this setup?
Thanks for all the posts.

After a further detective work, I have new information on my issue. I'll put it here and repeat on a new thread as well.

I reached the small engine shop (literally "The Small Engine Shop") that sold me the Yazoo Kees (thank you Google streetview, got the phone number that way).

The engine is a CH25-68533.

It was upgraded/converted from an ASAM (or at the shop owner thinks at least it was an ASAM) to an MDI.

As it is a 25HP Command Pro, the ASAM->MDI kit per Kohler PB-265 would have been 24 755 308-S, which includes a flywheel and ignition modules/coils and some wiring.

I don't (think) I need a new flywheel, just the coils, but I can't seem to find the part number for these MDI coils.

Does anyone know what ignition modules came with the ASAM->MDI?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kohler CH25 with fixed timing ignition: what aftermarket coils will work with this setup?
I think but not sure the MDI coils in the ASAM conversion kit are the same coils in the DASI conversion kit. A couple weeks ago i converted a CH15 from DASI to MDI. I could not find a kit for a si hle cylinder so got the kit for a twin so i have an MDI coil and a CDI coil i can put side by side and take a pic if you want. A standard CDI coil will not fit the DASI flywheel. The gap will be too wide and wrong arc. Not sure which flywheel is in the ASAM conversion kit. Can you post a pic of the modules you have you need replaced?