kohler 26hp efi bosch 32pin ecu , runs hot, oil temp light comes on and head temp

pauly50

Threads
  • / kohler 26hp efi bosch 32pin ecu , runs hot, oil temp light comes on and head temp
hi , everyone

mt 26 efi walker ch735 s -spec 3012 horizontal engine twin

kohler engine in walker mt26 hp efi with bosch 32 pin ecu , unit runs hot ,takes about 3/4 of and hour under load - has to stop to let cool down a little then can continue- cycle repeats oil temp light comes on and sometimes head temp as well ----stats on engine fuel pressure 39 psi, leak down test front cyl 12 % leak and rear cyl 20 % leak ,both in the green acceptable range, , oil pressure 48-50 psi revving, cyl head gaskets dont appear to be blown ( as from leak test result), o2 sensor seems to be going from open loop to closed loop at correct temp and providing feed back control, no exhaust leaks , oil temp sensor was working as seen from kohler efi diagnostic computer screen , intake manifold gaskets were ok, , both cyls firing correctly - timming point at idle 10 degrees and revving is 34 degrees advance-plugs correct heat range - customer had replaced efi ( metal can fuel filter) and noted quite a bit of crappy / brown fuel came out - is it possible that blocked - restricted injector filters are causing lean fuel problem,? even though fuel pressure is @ correct operating pressure , and efi unit is trying to compensate by lengthening pulse with ? or am i missing something by the way temp unit got to was 103 Degree C according to diagnostic ,and had a set a code 42 oil temp code , think normal temp about 80 -86 degrees C? correct me if wrong unit did have a ht lead cap insulation breakdown- causing it to run on 1 cyl replaced it it ran better but still hot

can someone give me any other ideas on this one

pauly50

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / kohler 26hp efi bosch 32pin ecu , runs hot, oil temp light comes on and head temp
Ok lets start with a lean condition would throw a code. So unless it is throwing a lean code it is not lean. Now from there lets look at why an engine gets hot. Cooling fines not getting enough air flow. I looked at everything and did not find this water cooled. Please correct me if I am wrong. So it being air cooled you just have to find why you don't have air flow. Take the cover off the engine and look for grass or dirt build up on the cooling fins. Look around the engine bay and look for air flow obstructions. Let use know what you find.