Kohler 16.5 regulator wires melting

Badrice

Forum Newbie
Threads
As stated the wires coming off of regulator are getting way too hot and melting the Plug. I disconnected the plug and ran the engine and within seconds they were piping hot. I hooked up a known good battery and mowed the yard yesterday. When I woke up I went to move it and the battery was dead. I'm thinking its he key/switch after doing some research but wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience and or solution. Thanks in advance for the help. If I figure it out soon I'll post the solution. Thanks Bryan

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well you likely have a short somewhere, but you are going to put up some model numbers for any decent advice......

Badrice

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower# 917271090
021199A002338
Engine# CV16S
Thanks again for the advice, dumb noob move

Carpet guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
As stated the wires coming off of regulator are getting way too hot and melting the Plug. I disconnected the plug and ran the engine and within seconds they were piping hot. I hooked up a known good battery and mowed the yard yesterday. When I woke up I went to move it and the battery was dead. I'm thinking its he key/switch after doing some research but wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience and or solution. Thanks in advance for the help. If I figure it out soon I'll post the solution. Thanks Bryan
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out why the wires where getting so hot? Thanks