Kobalt Snowblower

Kennykenny

Threads
I found a brand new kobalt Model KSB 6080,https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-80-...ric-Snow-Blower-1-Battery-Included/1001045972 online that someone was getting rid of for $200. I felt that it was too good of a deal to pass up. Help me ease my mind that it was a good deal. Ha!

I was told by the seller that the unit came with 2 batteries but alas it really only had one battery. Too bad. Speaking of batteries, looking online for second batteries, do I need an 80V 6.0Ah(like came with the unit)? Online I have seen numerous people selling 80V but with 2.5Ah. Does the difference in Ah make that big of a difference? Will that power of a battery work on this snow blower?

Also, there was a part on the blower, quick release lever on the middle handle. that was broken by the previous owner. I called Kobalt about getting a new piece. Much to my surprise I was told that they don't carry that item in stock so they couldn't help me. My only option was to attempt to take the entire unit back to Lowes and hope that they would let me exchange it(the entire unit). Really? To replace one part? Has anyone else had this scenario happen to them or suggestions on another way to get this part replaced? Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the lower amp hour battery will work, but limit the amount of run time between charges. Also a lot of stuff is becoming assembly replacement not individual parts. So it is not unusual to have to replace a larger part to get a simple part that you need to replace, if there are any replacement parts offered which is becoming common also.