Kobalt mower won’t start. HELP!!!!

Speedoape

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my second Kobalt 40v Max today. They won’t start!! I have to be doing something wrong.
fully charged.
self propelled function works
But the engine will not start. There is no yellow key by the battery like in videos of older versions. by the battery compartment there is a small bin with a black button but that doe seem to do anything? It looks like the same button the battery presses when locked in place.
what am I doing wrong???

MowerMike

Threads
So, are you pushing and holding the start button on the handlebar before you pull back the bail bar ? If the self-propel works then it is not a battery problem. Can you state the specific model of your mower ?

Speedoape

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes push and hold. Kobalt Gen4 40v Max is the one I have. Customer support said new model and they can’t help!!

MowerMike

Threads
So, does it look like this ? Make sure the upper handlebar is fully pulled out and the latches are fully closed. There are some switches in there that need to be closed before the mower will operate. If it still won't run, there could be a problem with the switches not closing or some other wiring problem. If you bought it at Lowe's and can't figure it out, just return it.

1646618032167.png

Speedoape

Forum Newbie
Threads
That was it!!! I’m 5’5 so the handles felt right! Thank you!!