Export thread

Kobalt 40V brushless Quits then beeps.

A

air4sale

This issue began at the close of last season. It might be related to the sensor that shuts off the motor when you push through to much grass or hit a rock. The first run of this season it ran as normal for 3 to 5 minutes of cutting. It even stepped the motor up when it encountered taller grass. Then it quit and beep several times to where I would have to restart. It got progressively less interested in cutting, even the slightest bit of effort it would shut down. I had raised the blade to make relieve it of any stress, but that did not help.

Perhaps there's a torque sensor, or an overheat sensor that is causing the trouble?

Otherwise a great mower the first year, especially with the small property I have.

Model: KM20418-06

MowerMike

MowerMike

Could be a weak battery.

A

air4sale

Thanks. I'll have to put a meter on it to check the voltage. The indicator lights show a charge but I suppose that it could be insufficient info.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Thanks. I'll have to put a meter on it to check the voltage. The indicator lights show a charge but I suppose that it could be insufficient info.
The problem is that a weak battery may show a normal no load voltage, but as soon as a load is put on it the voltage will drop to the point that the tool will stop operating. Your symptoms really sound like a weak battery, and it should still be under warranty, so I'd suggest taking it back to Lowe's to get it replaced under warranty.