Keep or part ?

Dwellonroof

Threads
A lady gave me this 2012 Cub Cadet GTX1054 for tearing down the shed it was stored in which it sat since 2017 when the steering went out and she has the local Cub dealer fix it but it stopped steering the same day they brought it back so she bought a John Deere 2025r and the Cub sat ever since.
I removed the gas tank and cleaned it along with the carb then she fired right up :) the hydro seems to work great and the deck is in real good condition so I'm thinking of parting it out because I have a friend who want's the engine. So to say all of that should I fix the steering (I see new gears were installed but maybe they never replaced another part that I cannot see without taking it apart) or part it out?

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Dwellonroof

Threads
I took the steering apart and the part number 19 where No. 1 goes through is wallowed out, I guess I can have it welded or a washer welded to no. 19 since it is no longer available.
I recon it's part of the "throw away world".

AriAssembly.png

Charlie8d

Threads
Since it is apart, I would consider having a washer, or 2 welded to #19. You need to look if there is wear to # 18 & # 36, too.

Charlie8d

Threads
Those are the parts that are typically replaced to tighten the steering. Weld a washer on it & keep it.