Export thread

Kawi FH601V Rebuild

H

Hayward51

I just purchased an old Scag Cub with intentions of rebuilding the Kawasaki engine. It has a replaceable bushing in the crankcase that definitely needs replaced. I have read all forums concerning this particular engine and bushing numbers for replacement is not easily found. I read where bushing # 92139-7009 was a fit. I ordered it only to find it looked nothing like the original bushing. There is an oil galley (?) groove around the inside diameter of the original bushing and no groove at all in the new (92139-7009) bushing. Obviously, my question is - Is there suppose to be some sort of oil groove, holes, or something to let oil around between shaft and bushing ? Or do you know that I may have the correct bushing and it will lube OK ? Thanks ...

T

txmowman

The crankcase bushings are listed in some illustrated parts lists with a part number as it is a “part” of the engine. However, the bushing was not intended to be a replacement part as they are pressed in to the crankcase and crankcase cover during assembly. There is no repair procedure for replacing this part. Typically, when a bushing needs replacement, the crankcase is out of tolerance. As far as Kawasaki is concerned, it is either a new crankcase/cover or replacing the engine. Sorry for the bad news.

H

Hayward51

That IS bad news since I've ordered a new crankshaft.(it was scored bad also) I assume I can send it back, the cost of a new crankcase makes a rebuild not reasonable.?? They quit making the FH, I've heard.