Kawasaki FX850V popping thru the exhaust

JD45

Threads
Kawasaki FX850V-BS13 - put a new oem carburetor from kawasaki in after the old one got cracked by a falling tree limb. (Not my mower). Mower had been setting for awhile. After new carb install engine runs rough and backfires thru the exhaust. Found coil on left bank was week so I changed it and air gapped it. Changed both plugs. Also changed fuel pump and fuel filter because fuel pump was useless. Set the valves at .005 according to kawasaki specs.
Still pops out the exhaust at any speed. One thing it did notice was the fuel filter seems to have not very much fuel in it. I pull the line off and crank the engine until I get good fuel.flow thru the line and the fuel filter fills up. Put it back on the carb and fire the engine up and a few minutes later the level in the filter is nonexistent. Engine seems to be running really rich.
Took carb back to.kawasaki for them to check over and make sure float was good. They handed me another carb so I installed that one. No change. Kawasaki seems to think I have a bad head. I do have compression on both sides. Not sure how much but it will ow my thumb out of plug hole when rolling engine over by hand.
Will a bad head make the engine suck to much fuel and run rich?