Kawasaki fr730v using a lot of oil and smoking

Bigdog77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 cub cadet zt2 ultima 60 inch with the kawasaki fr730v-es05-r. 3 years old with less than 100 hours. Started smoking and using oil bad. Test run half throttle for 30 mins and it uses almost a full quart of oil. Compression test good. Checked mase filter. Pulled valve covers and ran. Couldn't see or feel valve seals leaking. Checked both cylinders on top dead center with 150 psi of air. Didn't have air coming out of dip stick. Changed from mobil 1 synthetic 10w40 to stp sae 40w to see if maybe oil breaking down was the problem. I'm at a loss

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would never run one for 30 minutes @ 1/2 throttle, it can not keep itself cool at lower rpms & can hurt it...

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably the crank case breather valve. Take the air filter off and see if it is blowing oil into the intake pipe. If so I would suspect the cc breather valve.

Bigdog77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably the crank case breather valve. Take the air filter off and see if it is blowing oil into the intake pipe. If so I would suspect the cc breather valve.
That was the first thing I checked. Replaced the
I would never run one for 30 minutes @ 1/2 throttle, it can not keep itself cool at lower rpms & can hurt it...

Bigdog77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had a 24 inch fan on it

Bigdog77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Crank case vent is the first thing I checked. Cleaned replaced reed valve. I even blew In the impulse line (with my mouth) to make sure it was functioning. I have checked all the return passages to make sure oil was running back down