kawasaki fh680v low compression on one side

Thorogood

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 65# on the right and 130# on the left. Replaced head gasket, valve are good, still 65#. I hear a difference when cranking with each side plugged, separately. The bad side sounds like a leakage, but not sure where. Can a cracked ring lose that much?
Also, pushing oil out somewhere, that may be a sign?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have 65# on the right and 130# on the left. Replaced head gasket, valve are good, still 65#. I hear a difference when cranking with each side plugged, separately. The bad side sounds like a leakage, but not sure where. Can a cracked ring lose that much?
Also, pushing oil out somewhere, that may be a sign?
Need to do a leak down test to pinpoint the compression loss. Probably the valves are not seating correctly.

Thorogood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to do a leak down test to pinpoint the compression loss. Probably the valves are not seating correctly.
The valves were inspected, no excess wear on valves, seats or guides. Exhaust valve had slight carbon so I lapped it in to clean it.
Customer will have leak down test done, I don't have the tools to do it. Suspect it is the rings. Too old and costly to rebuild, he will probably run it until it blows up...lol.