Kawasaki FD750D

Buzzshoney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new here
I just bought a 2002 turf tiger with the above engine. I’d like to know the idle rpm, and max rpm and if there are any common issues with this motor
It’s driving the 72 in deck.
Any help would be appreciated
BuzzF3448A05-377E-47A9-A4B8-378E01CB118F.jpeg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maximum speed3500 ± 100 rpm
Idle speed1500 ± 100 rpm

Buzzshoney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I was also wondering if anyone ever took out the Amps meter and replaced with a tach?
I dont know what the amp meter is for? Seems a volt meter would be of more use.
anyway, does anyone sell a tachometer that would fit in the amp meter hole?
Buzz

Boit4866

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tachometers are spec’d for the number of cylinders. If you want to moniter your RPM as you operate the mower, you are in for an extensive search for something that will work. There are inductive types of tachs that work great for diagnostics and tuning. I have a fine digital unit that is selectable for 1-8 cylinder engines, even 2-strokes.

Its Me

Threads
I have three Turf Tigers, one just like that with the D-1 engine, that is a piece of S _ _ _, it was good for about 500 hours then stated getting water in one cylinder, removed the head and put if on the milling machine, took a .005 cut and found a casting problem just on the outside of the cylinder gasket, took another .005 cut now I have to holes lay the head gasket on it and that would make one hole on the inside and one on the outside, that would account for heat build up and them weeping into the cylinder, machines .010 got if, machined the other one, engine ran great, for that season, then started missing and cutting out, changed coils and plugs, come to find it it was the fuel pump, now this is the DRI, (direct fuel injection) found out that the pumps were and are defective, you think Kawasaki will make it good, no, the fellow I talked to at the factory was quick to tell me he was an Engineer, so I said you should understand the problems with the low fuel pressure after that he went brain dead, no help from Kawasaki, not matter what I will never own one of there water cooled again, and I don't even work on them in my shop repair business, they lie and don't back product that would cost them money, let the cunsomer eat it, that is a clean machine you have there going to love that 72" deck, grease the spindles often, it has a relief ball opposite the zert, the more you great the less it cost, soon as you see great coming out of that relieve valve stop pumping, I have one machine with 1,700 hours, they are built to last. Joe

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can see any rotating part on the motor a cheap Harbor Freight hand held tach. would work for you. And that amp gauge might save you some grief at some point if the charging system would get weak and leave you stranded out in the field somewhere.

Buzzshoney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank for the Feedback
only 715 hours on it right now , so im hoping itll out last me!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice looking mower clean for it's age. Hope it gives you a lot of good service.