Kawasaki FD 731V Vs Fd750V carburetors difference

Hardluck

Threads
I am looking for a Carburetor replacement for a FD731V AS09 engine. I can not locate an exact replacement online.. It may be because it is an older unit I see some Fd750V.
Are the carbs the same or will it make a difference. They look the same, I don't know if they may be jetted different or something.
Are these part numbers inter changeable or equal replacements 15003-2879, 15003-2974, 15003-2063?
The number that I found on Kawasaki blow up view of the carb assembly shows E)180-A893A but I can not find any other reference of that number?

Thank you for the help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are looking for 15004-2063 carburetor. The one for the FD750V will be jetted differently. The 15003-2879 isn't listed as former PN for the 15004-2063.

1726967691864.png

Hardluck

Threads
To be perfectly honest, I do not know what carburetor I am looking for. IT's for a FD731V AS09 engine and I am trying to find to correct carb.
Will the 750 carb that is jetted differently be a problem for the 731 engine. Probably has more fuel but will the governor control the engine speed ok?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's why I actually bother to look up your engine on Kawasaki Engine website and posted the correct part number you need to order. Some here just throws out info just to be doing so which a major peeve of mine. And I hate working equipment that been hacked repaired as I have to undo all the hacks before actually getting to the real problems.

As will the 750 carb be a problem? Yes it will as the fuel/air mix will be over rich. Or another way of saying it would like you running the engine with choke partially closed. Too much fuel in the fuel/air mix is just as bad as too little fuel in the fuel/air mix. And top that even the linkages can be different.

In your particular carburetor there are four metering jets and each one is a different size as determined by Kawasaki engineers to provide the correct fuel/air mix for your engine at different speeds and different loads. Actually they got these jets down to the thousandth of a millimeter.
1727002654461.png

Hardluck

Threads
Wow . That k you very very much .
I tried to lookup on Kawasaki website but I didn't find that information. You must have to be a dealer or have a dealer login to get it.
Thank again.
So where is a place for me to by a carb at a good price, is that possible?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That probably because that engine is probably on a John Deere and Kawasaki USA doesn't do IPL for them. I just used an outside US Kawasaki site which have saved me and my customers a considerable amount of money as the parts are available in the USA when you know the Kawasaki PNs.

Now as for a purchase there is not really any god place as all are fairly high in price. They do list around $406 and I do get about $75 off by going the distributor but you must be licensed as a retail business. Now there is on one listed on eBay for less than my distributor price that claims to be OEM. And there is one aftermarket for $101 on eBy too but I would careful there as a lot AM carbs are not up to par. Just search using the PN I gave and what you find one for.

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you very much, again I appreciate your help.