Kawasaki #FC420V Carb

MA-X Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older BobCat 48" walk behind with a Kawasaki # FC420V engine.
Last time I used it I forgot to turn off the petcock and the float must have stuck and the crankcase was filled with oil. I have drained the oil & replaced the filter. I intend to change it again after running it for a few minutes
Before I do, I want to replace the carb, I think it has been discontinued, and don't know what the replacement model is..... Can any one help?

thumbnail_IMG_0276.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0277.jpg

Thanks,
Rob

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Kawasaki 15003-2349
Carburetor Assembly
still appears available from kawasaki and some Cheap-O's on amazon

Personally, i would remove and clean the carb, and check to be sure the float floats, and buy a new needle. No seat replacement required as it's rubber (viton) tipped. I had to replace the needle on my SRX75 FC290 a few months ago.. still holding.
Kawasaki 16030-2073
Needle Valve

MA-X Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help! I searched but kept coming up with different carb model numbers.
I will order both, I'll start with trying to clean the carb & replace the needle, and if that doesn't work, I will put the replacement on.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That is the carb that is shown for FC420V-GS06.... it's possible it could have been superseded to a NEW part number and parts tree didn't update the number.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fix the carb and install a fuel shutoff valve inline to the carb. That engine should have one already.

slomo