Kawasaki FC150V-ES11 still produced? Current comparable fit?

sprovencio

Threads
  • / Kawasaki FC150V-ES11 still produced? Current comparable fit?
Hello! My snapper has a Kawasaki FC150V-ES11, and I have tried numerous repairs to get it running smoothly but have been unsuccessful, so was wondering they even make the FC series anymore and if not, what a comparable model of Kawasaki or any other brand of engine would be to fit the mower? Was the FJ series made to replace the FC? Any help or direction would be appreciated. The mower has self propel which I assume makes it quite specific to engine otherwise I would’ve picked up a Honda and found a way to fit it to the mower.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
FC's are no longer produced AFAIK.
If you describe your problem, I'm sure some of us on here could help you out.
The main things in repowering equipment is
1. Crankshaft Length
2.Crankshaft Diameter
3. Horsepower/ dont go any less than what was originally on it, Being a 150cc, its probably a 5.5hp.
If you contact Kawasaki Engines with that model number, they should be able to give you the crank length and diameter,
Or, go to here http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/
and click on 'Repower Old equipment' scroll down to snapper, and you'll find the model number of the snapper mower.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
FC's are no longer produced AFAIK.
If you describe your problem, I'm sure some of us on here could help you out.
The main things in repowering equipment is
1. Crankshaft Length
2.Crankshaft Diameter
3. Horsepower/ dont go any less than what was originally on it, Being a 150cc, its probably a 5.5hp.
If you contact Kawasaki Engines with that model number, they should be able to give you the crank length and diameter,
Or, go to here http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/
and click on 'Repower Old equipment' scroll down to snapper, and you'll find the model number of the snapper mower.
That smallenginewarehouse web site is mostly down and or awfully slow for me anyway. Both at work and home.

The only issue with that engine is it lacks stupendous torque. It has the same as a larger Honda Commercial GXV160 engine does. Not impressive at all. I own both engines right now. Look for an Kawasaki FJ180V or a new Briggs 8.5 or 8.75 ft lbs of torque Professional Series engine. You will thank me when you run into some tall grass. Oh and don't get wrapped up into the HP rating. Torque is what turns the blade and cuts a foot high yard.

slomo