Kawasaki engine

Bertrrr

Threads
This machine starts and runs really good for about 30 seconds then sputters and dies , It appears to be the fuel pump but wondering if anyone else ran into this .
its an FR730V on a Husky mower.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replace the fuel filter if you haven't already.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
See if you have fuel flow AT the carb fuel inlet hose ON the carb. Remove hose from the carb and let it flow into a bowl. See what you got there.

slomo

Bertrrr

Threads
yeah , I get fuel from the pump , not sure if it's good enough yet, very puzzling ordered another carb today still hunting thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd only offer to do more diagnostic testing. Throwing new parts at it can get expensive & frustrating.

I'd have removed the float bowl & inspect, after you found good gas flow to the carb.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes like remove fuel bowl and see if you have gas flow out the bottom of the carb from the pump and tank. Fondle the float looking for a good needle shutoff action while you are there.

These Kawasaki carbs are pretty spendy. Stay away from Chinese Ebay and Amazon clone carbs.

slomo

olie01

Threads
If it has a fuel solenoid, check it has 12V to it when key is on, or it may be stuck closed or gummed up.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This time of year, people getting machines out to mow, dirty carbs from last years Ethanol and water mix. Clean the carb first before firing the parts cannon. Stay away from Chinese clone carbs from ebay and amazon.

slomo

Bertrrr

Threads
Finally got this issue resolved, fount a shorted wire going to the solenoid , was an intermittent short , ran a new wire from ignition switch to kill solenoid . Almost drove me to drinking

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Finally got this issue resolved, fount a shorted wire going to the solenoid , was an intermittent short , ran a new wire from ignition switch to kill solenoid . Almost drove me to drinking
Another reason to bypass these solenoids with a bowl screw. Glad to hear you got it running sir.

slomo