Kawasaki engine shutting off after 2-3 minutes of run time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprovencio

Threads
  • / Kawasaki engine shutting off after 2-3 minutes of run time?
Hello! First post here so sorry if this has been discussed before, but my Kawasaki FC150V-ES11 on a Snapper CP21500KWV is about 20 years old and I am trying to revive it. I finally got around to replacing the carburetor, spark plug, air filter, fuel lines, throttle cable and engine oil but it is having the same issues I had years ago which is why I ended up buying a new one. It will start after a couple pulls and then fire up really nicely. I can get about 4 passes done on my lawn (anywhere from 1-4 minutes) before it just completely dies out. I'll let the mower rest for about another 5-10 minutes and it'll start back up perfectly fine, only to do the same thing a couple minutes later. Now I have done some research into the causes behind this, and everyone says its the fuel cap. So I cleaned up the vent port, and even performed the fuel test (drain the tank with the cap on to see if the vent isn't letting fuel down the line as suction pressure builds) and it'll empty the entire tank everytime. The only thing I've been holding out on is buying a new fuel cap, but with it having no issues and even suffering from the same issues with the fuel cap off the tank, I'm leaning towards the conclusion its not as simple as getting a new cap. I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering if this issue is more of an internal component issue that would be more extensive of a repair. Just wondering if anyone had any issues with this and could provide some direction. Thanks for any help!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kawasaki engine shutting off after 2-3 minutes of run time?
This is a duplicate thread. Please see same thread in the Snapper forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.