Kawasaki engine problem

dknelson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Woods Mow n' Machine. with a Kawasaki motor. The mower has about 575 hours on it. 22 HP Kawasaki motor. It starts and runs great but my yard is about 3.5 acres and with a lot of trees and etc., it takes me about 3 hours to mow. The last three times I've mowed, it runs great until I'm almost finished. After bout 2 1/2 hours, it will almost die. Acts just like it's running out of gas but it's not. It's never quit completely and runs just well enough for me to get it back to the garage. Sometimes it will start running again and I can mow for a few more minutes but then it happens again. I've never had one act exactly like this. Today I plan to put a new fuel filter on it but I changed it last year and really don't think it's the issue. Looking for other suggestions.

Last edited:

dknelson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, after posting, I went out and took a better look. I found that one of the lines, the center one, on the fuel pump has broken off at the nipple. I just ordered a new one and should have it tomorrow. Hopefully that is the only issue. Surprised that it would run for 2 1/2 hours with that line disconnected though. I assume, at least THINK, that is is the Line that operates the diaphragm. If so, the pump wouldn't have been working at all. Maybe it was gravity feeding through the pump until it got low enough on gas to no longer do so. I don't know.

Will S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for posting, & please post your follow-up when the new part is installed.
BTW, you thread title is what got my attention... I didn't know that Woods Mow'n Machines were sold with Kawasaki engines. I have the Woods 6215, but mine has the Kubota 3 cyl diesel. I bought it new in 1999~, and it still runs like new, but only about 900 hours, as I don't mow commercially.
Good to know the Kawasaki kept running, even when crippled.