Kawasaki Blown Head Gaskets

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Just diagnosed a Kawasaki FR691V with a blown head gasket. It is very unusual for Kawasaki to blow a head gasket, usually it is a single cylinder Briggs and Stratton. Have you guys seen Kawasaki engines blow a head gasket? Are all Kawasaki head gaskets metal?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I had several blown Kawasaki in the shop. Matter of fact the FX-T00V came in originally because the dealer told the customer he needed a $4000 engine when it was only a blown head gasket. And a year it came back with the head gasket on the other side blown. I also keep several head gasket in stock for the Kawasaki engine that I know blow head gaskets. I have seen blown this year.

These are the ones that I seen enough blown one that I keep a stock of them on hand. They are not cheap to have on hand either.
1723720387345.png

And no not all Kawasaki are all metal, some have mica coatings. With all Kawasaki heads you need to make sure they are not warped. It also recommend follow Kawasaki de torque procedure when removing the heads as you can warp them.