K62 Service/oil change

corymxl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got a Broadmoor 25/48 with the K62 high speed transmission. Up to this point in researching various mower brands/transmission types, some people believe manufacturers may use oil viscosities not recommended by Tuff Torq, and this can effect the life expectancy of their transmissions. At the same time, if this is not the case, I feel oil changes may help with overall life expectancy either way. From my research on the K62, it looks to be serviceable. If this is the case, how often should I change the oil in it?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 2010 Broadmoor & my two sons have the Conquest models with different transaxles. Older son has full time 4x4 with power steering & two filters to change, younger son has a K66 without filters. I talked to Tuff Torque Tech Support about two years ago & he said they recommended service yearly. My Operators Manual states that my K57 is a sealed unit with no service. My youngest son & I serviced all three tractors about a year ago using Tuff Torque 5w-50 Full Synthetic. My Broadmoor has 461 hrs. & I purchased new June 2010. The Conquests were purchased used 1 & 2 years ago with less than 200 hrs. on each. They are both 2010 year models. If you're keeping your tractor in garage or shed then excellent. I personally would recommend servicing transaxle every three to five years or every 200 hrs. I purchased my tractor new from a Dealer & have always serviced it with the help of my youngest son. We had to grease tractor when we got home, Dealer failed to do so. I recommend you look over your tractor carefully & read Operators Manual cover to cover.

Last edited: