JX75 runs rough after new carb

mdub

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I had a quick question for the forum. I have a jx75 from 2003 with the kawasaki fc150v engine. I put in a new oem carb that was not used before with new oem gaskets. I meant to clean the old mikuni carb but unfortunately stripped the jet screw in the carb. Anyway, it fires right up and stays running, but it just runs rough, sputters a bit and when you move it to fast throttle it doesnt run very fast like it used to-seems like rpms are just too low with a lack of power. I didnt think id have to adjust any throttle settings after just replacing the carb, but is it common to have to adjust any choke or throttle settings after replacing the carb? i think maybe the choke isnt disengaging but im not sure how to adjust. any thoughts?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

yes fine tuning, with engine off turn screw top of carburetor all the way in then back out one & one half turns, start engine, let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

Last edited:

mdub

Forum Newbie
Threads
GXJX75X130403

Ive been studying the kawasaki service manual at the link below but I still dont fully comprehend how to do the rpm and choke adjustments, if needed. I think I may just take it to a small engine guy and have him look at it.