Just Purchased Lawn Boy Model 10640

Snr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased Lawn Boy push model 10640. Mower was outside my local Home Depot by the re-conditioned machines. Mower was a floor model, never used. I decided on the Lawn Boy over a MTD Yard Machines. Good choice, yes or no?? My yard is not over-whelming as it takes me about 45 minutes to cut so I am fine with the 20" deck. My previous mower was a Murray Select 22" 3 in 1 with a 6HP Briggs and Stratton. The Murray was a great machine for me lasting 10 years with minimal maintenance and even the though the engine is fine, the rust ate through the deck near one of the back wheels. I am hoping the Lawn Boy will be as reliable.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome!

Although many people say the HD Lawn Boys aren't the same as the 'real' ones (and I'd tend to agree), I think that mower will be just as reliable for you as the machine it's replacing.

Good luck, and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
clean under your deck on a regular basis and it should last you a very long time,,welcome to LMF...russ

johnandrew

Threads
Welcome! Hope the 10640 is going well for you, can i know how much it set you back? I have been preferring to rent an aerator from the home depot tool rental I think that might be cheap way to go.