Just Not Happy

Cow

Threads
Bought New Kubota T2080 4 days ago, & i`m upset to the point i will never buy another Kubota Product, the reason being is 16 yrs ago i bought a New T1560 with a Kawaski 14 hp eng. & without doubt this is best lawn mower i have ever owned plus the fact it still runs great
I decided to buy another New Kubota and i did but, after all the Bad reviews on this Kohler Courage eng. i`m through with Kubota Just to be honest the way i feel right now i hate to admit i even own one , that`s just how upset i am with this Kubota , it has nothing but, Bad reviews on this Kohler Courage eng. after reading so many bads, and talking to 3 small eng. repairman of which one was a Expert .
I heard enough i`m through , it`s not a matter of will this eng. go bad . It is matter of How soon will it Blow.
If Kubota wants this kind of name ( putting problem engs. in their equipment ) then I`m DONE .
No more Kubota`s here my many yrs trust is washed down the drain , my next choice will not be a Kubota, and what i fear is it will be soon that i must buy another mower ( Kohler Courage has a terrible name where ever i read)
Kubota buyers do your homework before you buy . ( wish i had )
T. Sparks Ky.

txzrider

Threads
have you considered going back to the dealer and upgrading to the next better engine?

Cow

Threads
I have thought of that but, in the T series they only make 3 mowers T1880 with 18 hp , T2080 with 20hp , 2380 with 23 hp . and the three are all Kohler Courage engs. as i stated in my Thread i have been so pleased for 16 yrs with the last Kubota T1560 14 hp KAW. eng.
i wanted to stay with that line but, somewere in the old mower & now Kubota dropped the Kaw. engs ( dealer told me 7-8 yrs ago ) it`s
true Kubota does make other series of mowers , just not in my price range . I did look at the zero turns and all of them had Kohler with the exception one 1 & it had a Briggs & Stration , i just prefer the older style mower designs and not ready for 0 turn.
There other series mowers possibly a G series they all was desiel or ( few had gas engs. ) They were just way ou tof my price range + they where larger in size.
The T series suits me just fine, only problem for me is this Kohler eng . it is rated the lesser quality of the 3 Kohler makes Magnum , Command , & the Courage . It`s no one`s fault but mine for not checking into this eng. before i bought I was just leaning on Kubota to keep the high quality as in yrs. past. I do understand Kubota has to compete with other tractor & lawn manf. but, why did they choose to put the least quality eng. Kohler makes on this T series model .
I have ordered a Hour Meter to install on my T2080 just to be certain to keep maintance on time. after break-in period i will start use, Full Synthetic oil . ( it may buy me some time with this eng .

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum! I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience and wish you the best of luck resolving your mower situation.

Also, I moved your thread to the Kubota forum. :smile:

Cow

Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum! I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience and wish you the best of luck resolving your mower situation.

Also, I moved your thread to the Kubota forum. :smile:

I Thank you for the concern , also i`m sure grateful for the Post on Kubota Forum you did , maybe i can
get some reply`s from others that own this same mower .

It seems the more i dig into info. on the Kohler Courage eng. the more troubles i find , i think it`s time for me to just stop my search .
Good Day & Thanks again .
Terry

GT182

Forum Newbie
Threads
Too bad Kubota has gone away from their own engines. I've owned a 21hp 4 Wheel Steering G2000 since 1992. It's been the best rig for mowing and the only garden tractor I've ever owned. I've used other brands before this 'machine', but they just aren't as tough as a Kubota... or as they used to be. Their 3 cylinder gas engine is THE most economical and dependable engine I've ever seen in any lawnmower.

Seems Kubota has gone to Kohler to save money and be more competitive. It'll put them in the same league as all the others out there.

Cow

Threads
Too bad Kubota has gone away from their own engines. I've owned a 21hp 4 Wheel Steering G2000 since 1992. It's been the best rig for mowing and the only garden tractor I've ever owned. I've used other brands before this 'machine', but they just aren't as tough as a Kubota... or as they used to be. Their 3 cylinder gas engine is THE most economical and dependable engine I've ever seen in any lawnmower.

Seems Kubota has gone to Kohler to save money and be more competitive. It'll put them in the same league as all the others out there.

No doubt to me Kubota has gone Kohler to save money & be more competitive as you say but, makes me wonder what future holds
for kubota by installing China made engs. that have proven over & over they spell Cheap low Quality , i will NEVER buy another Kubota again , they are just not quality like they once were.

GT182

Forum Newbie
Threads
No doubt to me Kubota has gone Kohler to save money & be more competitive as you say but, makes me wonder what future holds
for kubota by installing China made engs. that have proven over & over they spell Cheap low Quality , i will NEVER buy another Kubota again , they are just not quality like they once were.

Yer 100% right on that. If I can't buy a Kubota with a Kubota gas engine.... I doesn't want one. If this rig ever craps out on me, I'll scrap the machine and keep the engine. I can always stick it in another machine. You can't beat the savings on fuel running one of these inline 3 cyclinder engines. And they're tuff as nails if you take care of them. :smile:

When I bought my G2000 back in '92 they tried to get me to buy one with a diesel engine. Back then diesel was cheaper than gas at the pumps but not in this day in time. I stuck with gas and I'm glad I did. Besides, my gas power Kubota can keep up with any diesel powered machine.... and I've got more horse power than the comprable diesel engine.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yer 100% right on that. If I can't buy a Kubota with a Kubota gas engine.... I doesn't want one. If this rig ever craps out on me, I'll scrap the machine and keep the engine. I can always stick it in another machine. You can't beat the savings on fuel running one of these inline 3 cyclinder engines. And they're tuff as nails if you take care of them. :smile:

When I bought my G2000 back in '92 they tried to get me to buy one with a diesel engine. Back then diesel was cheaper than gas at the pumps but not in this day in time. I stuck with gas and I'm glad I did. Besides, my gas power Kubota can keep up with any diesel powered machine.... and I've got more horse power than the comprable diesel engine.

You can buy a Kubota with a Kubota engine on it either gas or diesel. You just have to pony up the money that it takes to get one. I have a ZG222 with a Kubota 22 hp gas engine and I have a ZD326 with a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel motor on it.