JOHN DEERE X540 PROBLEMS AFTER OBJECT LODGED UNDER DECK

stepping-stone2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / JOHN DEERE X540 PROBLEMS AFTER OBJECT LODGED UNDER DECK
I was cutting grass last week, and accidentally hit a heavy rubber watering pan. It got lodged in the deck. The tractor would run fine until the blades were engaged, then kill out. A family member was able to get it dislodged. However, it has not worked properly since. It sounds odd, idles slow, and when I try to start the blades, it kills out. The controls, like the choke and pedals have a "stiff" feel to them. Any advice would be appreciated.

22R

Threads
it sounds like something is still binding some of your pulleys or something. The choke and throttle are weird though. Get under it and look above the cutting deck and make sure no pulleys are bent or belts mis routed.

22R

stepping-stone2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
it sounds like something is still binding some of your pulleys or something. The choke and throttle are weird though. Get under it and look above the cutting deck and make sure no pulleys are bent or belts mis routed.

22R
Thank you. It does look like the entire object was removed, but I'm wondering if the problem is in some of the belts and pulleys.