Buying Advice John Deere S240 vs. Cub Cadet Enduro XT2 LX46

Between the 2 models listed you could just flip a coin on which one to get. You aren't getting a real John Deere until you get into the X series. Of the 2 models listed I wouldn't worry about the motor as either one will outlast the K46 transmission. John Deere tends to have better resale value if you ever decide to sell.
 
Between the 2 models listed you could just flip a coin on which one to get. You aren't getting a real John Deere until you get into the X series. Of the 2 models listed I wouldn't worry about the motor as either one will outlast the K46 transmission. John Deere tends to have better resale value if you ever decide to sell.

Thank you for the information.
 
Just under an acre.
just under an acre, not much of a difference with 42 and 46". I don't know much about cub cadet parts, deere well you can go in and say I need this or that and you can find it. Might cost some, as they are proud of that green colored part
 
Ok so first off I don't like the newer Deere stuff at all. They have cheapened most of the equipment they sell and still charge a premium for it.
Cub Cadet was purchased by MTD some years ago and left them alone to build their mowers and such. Now MTD is in direct control of Cub Cudet and is doing the same thing as John Deere. Now you know where I stand on each brand.

With that said it is now a difference of price and features. I like Kohler better than Kawasaki any day of the week. I like bigger stronger engines is why. HP to HP Kohler wins.
Bigger deck.
Nicer color.
Cub Cadet wins.

By the way your dealer is really who decides if something is covered under warranty unless CC gets involved. They don't get involved much.
So Get a good dealer.

I was going to argue with you here, but I don't have an argument. you got good points there. The Kohler vs Kawaski- well I have my pick of them, but that's the same argument of ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. All have there points here and there, and its what you prefer. I totally agree with you that all have cheapened the equipment nowadays!
 
just under an acre, not much of a difference with 42 and 46". I don't know much about cub cadet parts, deere well you can go in and say I need this or that and you can find it. Might cost some, as they are proud of that green colored part

Thank you.
 
Between the 2 models listed you could just flip a coin on which one to get. You aren't getting a real John Deere until you get into the X series. Of the 2 models listed I wouldn't worry about the motor as either one will outlast the K46 transmission. John Deere tends to have better resale value if you ever decide to sell.

These comments make me cringe. A John Deere is a John Deere. I currently have a LA125 for the farm acreage, a E130 for the house in Minnesota and another X729 is available as well for larger swaths of land. They're all John Deere equipment, made by John Deere, the same goes for our farm tractors and my 20+ year old JD Snow Blower. They all work well and are heavy duty and durable, even the LA125 and D130.
 
Back
Top