john deere rx 75

bows4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
New belts and yes they are oem. Mower lerches in forward gear unless on hard surface. It acts like its slipping of something. I have gone over this thing several times and am a gear head by nature and this is my second rx 75 so there is not much that I been through over the years with these machines. This has to be something simple stupid that I'm not seeing. Any ideas anyone????

Mark

bows4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I appreciate that info. The switch appears to be working fine sense when I unplug it the motor will not start. The motor runs fine the slipping seems to be coming from the forward motion of the transmission I'm thinking the skipping you are referring to would be if the motor was skipping or missing, and while it would feel the same you would hear it in the engine which maintains a smooth run. Is it possible that the switch has more than one function like it disengages the transmission?? That does not seem logical to me as I believe it just disengages the starter. Any advise would be much appreciated. I'm stumped. I have even replaced internal transmission parts on these mowers before (not this one) and never had a problem of this nature. The transmission just has a consistent jerking under a load or in the yard but smooths out on the asphalt.

Thanks in advance
Mark Dugger

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does it lurch when you let up off of the pedal, or off/on lurching while going with the belts engaged,{foot not on the pedal}?

bows4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does it lurch when you let up off of the pedal, or off/on lurching while going with the belts engaged,{foot not on the pedal}?
Foot off pedals. Just cruising. but it does act funny when you engage the pedal a little belt snapping and delay in disengage. The varaitor is working seemingly like it's suppose to with belts off it moves up and down freely. This mower even though it's old has very low hours on it.

Thanks in advance
Mark Dugger

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the John Deere forum.